Printmaking tutorial, UCA Epsom
Printing Press, UCA Canterbury
Mac Suites, UCA Canterbury
Digital SLR Cameras, UCA Canterbury
Photography studios, UCA Canterbury
Photography studios, UCA Epsom
Digital textiles printer, UCA Epsom
Dedicated filming studios, UCA Farnham
Metal workshop, UCA Farnham
Mac suites, UCA Maidstone
James Hockey Gallery, UCA Farnham
UCA Maidstone Library
Fashion Design studios, UCA Rochester
Art shop, UCA Maidstone
Pre-degree exhibition, Old Historic Dockyard, Rochester
Fashion Design, UCA Rochester
Fashion Design, UCA Rochester
Jewellery workshop, UCA Rochester
UCA is all about exploration and this means our facilities take pride of place.
UCA are committed to providing cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities for students to produce their work, and UCA graduates are renowned for being well prepared for positions in the creative industry. We also have a range of rare traditional workshops and tools. Our facilities, across our campuses include:
- Studio spaces and workshops for painting, sculpture, fashion and filmmaking
- Dedicated teams of subject-specific technicians
- High-end computers loaded with the latest software for animation, architecture and digital design
- 3D printers and laser cutters
- Industry-standard pattern cutting centre, Gerber suite and Computer-Aided Manufacturing studio
- Fashion textiles digital printing resource
- Extensive photography facilities including darkrooms, studios and a range of film and digital equipment and the Hasselblad Research Centre
- Workshops for ceramics, glass, wood and metals
- Journalism and broadcasting facilities including a TV journalism room with live news feed, a TV studio with viewing gallery and radio suites
- A purpose-built film studio and cinema with cutting-edge editing and post-production software
- Access to hire equipment such as cameras
To view the facilities available on each campus please use the left-hand navigation. To find out about course-specific facilities please visit our course pages.
The UCA libraries are the most comprehensive visual arts resource in the South East, with library collections from our 150 year history. In addition to 300,000 print and digital books, 14,000 print and digital journals and over 20,000 DVDs and videos, the libraries also offer:
- Subject-specific learning and research support delivered at 'point of need'
- Links to more than 50 specialist databases including image collections, newspaper archives and business data E-stream, delivering TV recorded content to your desktop
- The Digital Library project, delivering reading list content to your desktop
- The UCA Image Bank, providing digital images for course work
- The Library Catalogue, which searches seamlessly across all digital content and library stock
- Online tutorials supporting research and referencing practice within the creative arts
- The Visual Arts Data Service, providing access to a wide variety of image collections and learning resources.
For more information about our University Libraries please visit the dedicated library web pages.
Galleries and exhibitions
Our campus galleries host a unique and varied exhibition programme to enrich and engage our own network of creative staff and students, as well as the wider community. For details of forthcoming exhibitions please see our galleries pages.