Facilities at UCA Canterbury
UCA Canterbury provides purpose-built studios, workshops and lecture theatres for nearly 1,000 students studying fine art, architecture and interiors. We promote a culture of creativity across all our courses and you can use all the facilities regardless of which course you are on.
Studio and workshop facilities at UCA Canterbury include:
- Etching, silkscreen and lithography workshops
- Painting workshops for primer making and preparation of canvases
- Sculpture workshop for casting, welding and kiln work
- 3D design workshop
- Photographic studio
- Large black and white darkroom
- Digital media and video suites
- 3D printer and laser cutters
- Artificial sky
- Wood workshop for both small scale and large scale modelmaking
- Specialist shops on campus for art supplies, materials and photographic equipment.
Our IT suites are fully kitted out with both PCs and Macs for graphic design and general work, video equipment and scanning and printing facilities. You will have access to all the latest industry design software such as Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Projects and Autodesk 3D Studio MAX.
Students have full internet access, e-mail and network account and a dedicated student intranet site providing you with 24 hour access to everything from study guides to information links.
You will also have access to the Media Resource Centre for printing and publishing as well as hire of digital equipment such as cameras, laptops, and projectors.
Lecture theatre 360:
Art shop 360: