Financial support available from UCA
To help you with the cost of living during your studies, UCA has a range of scholarships and bursaries designed to support our students.
Unlike Government loans, these are not something you will have to repay at a later date.
The NSP scholarships, UCA bursaries and the Internal Progression Bursary are only available to students starting their first BA (Hons) degree course or two year foundation degree in September 2014.
There may also be Creative Scholarships for both new and continuing undergraduate degree students. Please see individual scholarships for the eligibility required to apply for these.
Internal progression bursary 2014/15
Details of the Internal progression bursary for students in 2014/15 will be available shortly.
Internal progression bursary 2013/14
We have non-repayable cash bursaries of up to £1,000 available for students progressing from a UCA pre-degree course to a UCA undergraduate course in 2013-14, which are made up of the UCA Bursary and an additional cash loyalty top-up. The value of the bursary depends on your household income:
(as assessed by SFE)
Total Internal Progression Bursary
Made up of...
£25,000 or less
£25,001 - £30,000
£30,001 - £35,000
£35,001 - £40,000
The Internal Progression Bursary is a one off payment available for academic year 2013-14 only. To receive it you must fulfil the eligibility criteria below.
Internal Progression Bursary eligibility criteria
- Available to English domiciled, new full-time undergraduate students starting their studies in 2013-14.
- You must be progressing directly from a UCA pre-degree course to a UCA undergraduate course in 2013-14.
- Declared annual household income of £40,000 or less.
- Receiving government support for university study, i.e. the tuition fee loan and maintenance loan or grant for living costs, via Student Finance England.
How to apply
- There is no separate application process for the Internal Progression Bursary. Data on household income will be taken from the Student Loans Company and is the same data that you submit when applying for your tuition fee and loan and maintenance loan or grant for living costs.
Other important information
- The Internal Progression Bursary is for 2013-14 only. For the remainder of your undergraduate study you will receive the UCA Bursary only, provided you fulfil the eligibility criteria.
If you have any questions about our bursaries please contact the Scholarships and Bursaries Officer:
T: +44 (0)1252 892945