Financial support for postgraduate students
Here at UCA we understand that the cost of a postgraduate degree is an important factor when considering whether to continue or come back to studying. There are a number of sources of funding which can help you with the costs of studying for your postgraduate taught degree.
The following funding information applies to UK students only. Information for EU and International students can be found on the financial support for International students pages.
All prospective MPhil/PhD students should go to the Research degrees section of our website for further funding opportunities.
Funding available from UCA
- UCA postgraduate fee discount - a discount of £1,000 is available for UCA undergraduates progressing directly onto a UCA postgraduate course in 2012 and 2013. Please visit the postgraduate fee discount page for more information about this discount.
- UCA Creative Scholarships - are designed to support students in a variety of disciplines, allocated on merit, with eligibility varying from scholarship to scholarship. Information about the scholarships for 2012 entry are available on the Creative Scholarships web pages. Details of scholarships for 2013 will be available spring 2013.
- AHRC studentships - there are a number of studentships available for specific postgraduate courses in 2012 and 2013. The closing date to apply for this funding is 15 June 2012. For more information and details of how to apply, please see the AHRC studentship web pages.
For more details about funding available from UCA please contact one of our advice centres, contact details for the advice centres can be found on the advice and student finances pages of this website.
Financial support available from other sources
- Professional and Career Development Loans - could help you pay for learning that enhances your job skills or career prospects. It's a bank loan, so you'll have to pay it back once you've left your course. However, you don't pay interest for the period when you're in learning. For more details please visit the GOV.UK website.
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) - offers funding opportunities for various disciplines and projects, see the AHRC website for further details.
- Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary - offer six UK Postgraduate Study Bursaries, each to the value of £500, please visit their website for more details.
- There is also a wealth of information about external funding opportunities in the Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding.
For further information on external funding opportunities contact our advice centres, the contact details for the advice centres can be found on the advice and student finances pages of this website.
Advice and guidance
We have student advisers based at each campus who are available to help and advise you about money matters and can direct you to a variety of specialist resources to help you deal with practical issues and personal problems. Contact details for UCA's advice centres can be found on the advice and student finances pages of the website.