Careers and employability
Choosing to study a creative course in the UK is a real investment in your future, and we are proud to say that we produce some of the most employable graduates in the world.
The Careers Service welcomes all international students and provides information, advice and guidance on employment, self-employment and further study.
Best of all, you can take advantage of all our fantastic careers resources for up to three years after you graduate.
Whether you want to stay in the UK or work overseas, the Careers Service can provide the following support:
- Helping you find part-time job to help finance your studies
- Identifying your key strengths and skills through self-assessment
- Making decisions about your future career
- Designing a CV for the UK's creative industries
- Advice and ideas for personal promotion
- Job application and interview techniques
- Help and resources with your job search – in the UK or abroad
- Information on where to look for work related to your creative discipline
- Jobs Online – UCA's own vacancy service
- Advice on how to make contact with people in your creative field
Undertaking a work placement during your studies is a fantastic way to make contacts in the industry and makes a great addition to your CV. Our staff have extensive links in the creative industries and can assist you with finding a placement opportunity during your course.
The Careers Service also offer workshops on work placement for some courses and have a wealth of placement opportunities and advice online.
For further information, visit our Careers pages.
For more information, download our international student guide.