New courses for 2013
At UCA, we are always looking to remain responsive to the creative sector and reflect the developments and demands of this fast moving sector in our course content.
For September 2013, we are delighted to be launching exciting new degree courses in:
- BA (Hons) Broadcast Media at The Maidstone TV Studios and UCA Rochester
Broadcast Media is taught at the Maidstone TV Studios where you have access to industry-standard equipment and offers an unique opportunity to study in a professional environment. The course aims to produce writers, directors and producers whose focus is on content-making and storytelling.
- BA (Hons) Fashion Retail Management at UCA Rochester
Designed to develop and produce effective leadership skills and a strategic understanding of the consumer and drivers of the demand chain, this course will prepare you for a professional career in fashion retail management.
- BA (Hons) Media Culture & Communication at UCA Farnham
A new kind of media course which combines practical skills in digital media production with exploring the social, economic, cultural and technological factors that drive the rapidly changing scene in digital media, mass communication and the internet.
- MArch Architecture at UCA Canterbury
From Sepetember 2013 we will be offering the MArch qualification formerly known as the Graduate Diploma in Architecture, which is the second part of the professional qualification enabling you to become a registered architect.
- MA Curatorial Practice at UCA Canterbury
Our exciting new MA Curatorial Practice course has been developed in partnership with Turner Contemporary and offers the opportunity for thinking and engaging with art and issues of cultural regeneration through curatorial activity.
- MA Documentary Practices at UCA Farnham
Allows you to undertake cross-disciplinary work between New Media, Photography and Film in response to new trends and discourse within documentary practice.
- MA Illustration at UCA Farnham
Offers a creative and intellectual environment in which you can rigorously pursue a project of self-directed study and the systematic production of a body of work on a topic of specific interest within the field of Illustration.
- MA Journalism at UCA Farnham
An exciting and distinctive new choice for postgraduate study and professional development for those seeking to broaden and deepen their study of the discipline or to advance their career prospects.
- MA Media Communication at UCA Farnham
A distinctive new choice for postgraduate study in media and mass communication for those seeking to extend their study of the discipline or to improve their employability in the wider media and communication industries.
- MA Urban Design at UCA Canterbury
Designed to develop your understanding of contemporary issues in Urban Design, Planning, and Urbanism through sustained engagement with creativity activity.
Also recruiting for 2013
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design: Visual Communications at UCA Canterbury
This well-established course will be recruiting again for 2013 and will now be run at UCA Canterbury. This course prepares you for contemporary practice, with a multi-disciplinary approach where an open and flexible methodology is developed.
- We also have a number of 4 year degree course which offer a preparatory year (year 0) combined with our three year degree courses. These are designed for those who would like to study at degree level without the need to undertake a separate foundation diploma. For more information see the our course listings.
T: +44 (0) 1252 892883