MPhil 2 years full-time, 3 years part-time / PhD 3 years full-time, 6 years part-time
Research proposals are invited in the following areas across our four campuses:
- Urban regeneration and the politics of the environment
- Architecture and modernism
- Interior architecture
- Issues in the pedagogy of architecture.
Arts, Media and Communication Design
- Time based and digital media
- Colour theory
- Contemporary photographic theory and practice
- Experimental film
- Contemporary video theory
- Technology and visual culture
- Concepts of temporality.
- Ceramics and textiles.
- Design management
- Graphic and digital media
- Sustainable product design
- Design branding and modes of consumption
- Applied arts
- Leisure software design and electronic arts.
Fashion and Textiles
- Conceptual and experimental fashion
- Discourses related to textile materiality, textile narratives and textile cultures
- Intersections between fashion, body, art and/or performance
- Anglo-Japanese textiles
- Textile within the fields of cultural identity and gender
- Textile traditions as related to innovative textile practices and materials
- Fashion and industry
- Fashion design and trend
- Fashion promotion
- Fashion product innovation
- Fashion marketing.
- Contemporary theory and criticism
- Public art
- Art and the environment
- Contemporary landscape
- Digital arts
- Painting and technology
- Sculptural practices and installation.
Visual Identity and New Media
- New media narratives and articulations of culture, identity, gender, the self
- New media practices within fashion and textile
- Digital/virtual media environments
- Visual identity and new media representation.